Homework and Project
- HW0 (hw0_files.zip) - Due Tuesday, February 7th, 2017 by 11:59 PM
- HW1 (hw1_files.zip) - Due Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 by 11:59 PM
- HW2 (hw2_files.zip) - Due Thursday, March 16th, 2017 by 11:59 PM
- HW3 (hw3_files.zip) - Due Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 by 11:59 PM
- HW4 (hw4_files.zip) - Due Thursday, May 4th, 2017 by 11:59pm
Homework is due at 11:59 PM Central Time on the due date. Homework must be
submitted using the handin directory on the biostat server and cannot be
emailed to the instructor or TA. Solutions to written problems must be typed.
Each student is allowed five free late
days to be used on homeworks throughout the semester.
These late days are provided in order to provide flexibility in case
of illness, travel, paper deadlines, etc. so plan accordingly.
There is no limit on the number late days that may be used on any
particular assignment. Only business days are considered
(e.g., homework due on Thursday and turned in the following Monday
is 2 days late). After all late days are exhausted, the maximum possible
homework grade will be reduced by 10% per day. Homework will not be
accepted more than one week past the due date.
Programming assignments must be completed using Python. Students are responsible
for ensuring that their code runs in the Python environment on the Linux
biostat server. This environment contains Python 3.5 and the following packages:
Additional Python packages may be requested on the Piazza forum.
Project Suggestions and Guidelines
- Project proposal - Due Thursday, March 16th, 2017 by 11:59 PM
- Project progress report - Due Thursday, April 13th, 2017 by 11:59 PM
- Project final report - Due Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 by 11:59 PM