General Course Information
Office : Waisman Center 517
Zoom Link for Office Hours: Professor Daifeng Wang's Zoom Office Hours
Office Hours: Tue 2:30-3:30pm CST, Thu 2:30-3:30pm CST, and by appointment
- Teaching Assistant (TA):
Office Hours on BBCollaborate: Mondays 4:30 p.m.- 5:30 p.m. CST and Fridays: 10 a.m.-11 a.m. CST
- Meeting Time and Location:
Tuesday and Thursday, 1:00-2:15 PM CST
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Canvas
- Most readings will be articles from the primary literature
- Recommended text: Biological Sequence Analysis: Probabilistic Models of Proteins and Nucleic Acids.
R. Durbin, S. Eddy, A. Krogh, and G. Mitchison. Cambridge University Press,
- Recommended online text: Translational Bioinformatics: a collection of PLoS Computational Biology. (Link)
- Suggested reference Python text: The Quick Python Book, Third Edition.
N. Ceder. Manning Publications. 2018.
- Discussion Forum:
Piazza discussion forum
- Midterm Exam:
Friday, March 19, 2021: 3 hour timed Take Home
- Final Project Report Deadline:
Monday, April 26, 2021
- Final Exam:
Wednesday, May 5, 2021: 3 hour timed Take Home